Wednesday, 14 October 2009

The Pretenders - Pretenders


Never really decided if I was a fan of the Pretenders, this album demonstrates a range of styles with almost classic punk in places but also some dull commercial stuff like Brass in Pocket.
Tattooed Love boys, Private Life and Precious are really great tracks though and probably why I've resisted the urge to sell this on.
The line up featured here suffered tragedy as guitarists Pete Farndon and James Honeyman Scott both died of drug overdoses within a few years of this coming out.
My personal feeling was that this album was as good as it got from the Pretenders.

01 - Precious
02 - The Phone Call
03 - Up The Neck
04 - Tattooed Love Boys
05 - Space Invader
06 - The Wait
07 - Stop Your Sobbing

08 - Kid
09 - Private Life
10 - Brass In Pocket
11 - Lovers Of Today
12 - Mystery Achievement

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

private life is worth the price alone of this fantastic record!!! I love Chrissie.