Thursday, 15 October 2009

Dr Feelgood - Roxette


To celebrate the first showing of Oil City Confidential at the national film theatre this Friday here's what I consider to be their best song.
"Roxette" and "Keep it out of sight" which were both recorded live at the Kursaal in Southend.


The film itself is a documentary by Julien Temple detailing the rise and fall of the best pub rock group ever.
Quote from film blurb - "Members of The Clash, Blondie and The Sex Pistols join the surviving members of Dr Feelgood and collaborators Jools Holland and Alison Moyet to tell the story of Canvey, 70's England and the greatest local band in the world."

I'm not sure if the film will make a general release or just turn up on Channel 4 one night? but I'll be looking out for it as I was lucky enough to see them twice in the seventies.

01 - Roxette
02 - Keep it out of sight

No comments: