Saturday, 24 October 2009

Various - Avon Calling The Bristol Compilation


Was listening to an old John Peel show and he mentioned this which I'd forgotten about luckily I checked the old files and found I already had it.
Basically the best of Bristol's "new wave" scene from the late seventies and it sounds great :)
Strangely the first track starts with a Peel clip mentioning this album, although it says there are only 15 tracks? so I have to assume this is a later version.

01 Glaxo Babies - It's Irrational
02 Europeans - On The Continent
03 Private Dicks - Green Is In The Red
04 Moskow - Too Much Commotion
05 Essential Bop - Chronicle
06 Directors - What You've Got
07 Various Artists - Own Up
08 Sneak Preview - Slugweird
09 Stingrays - Sound
10 X Certs - Anthem
11 Apartment - The Alternative
12 Numbers - Cross Slide
13 Vice Squad - Nothing
14 Stereo Models - Move Fast-Stay Ahead
15 Double Vision - My Dead Mother
16 Apartment - Poison
17 Sneak Preview - Desire
18 Private Dicks - Don't Follow My Lead
19 Double Vision - List 99
20 Vitus Dance - Down At The Park
21 X Certs - You Have Been Warned
22 Simon Edwards - Interview DJ Announcements

5 comments:

Longy said...

Great album. I remember downloading this a couple of years back myself (can't remember where from though)

Cheers for your help on PF and that Skids is redone for you

Lee said...

No probs glad to be of assistance :)
Right off to your blog for the skids :)

ron said...

Nice one Thanks !!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this one Asbo!

"Strangely the first track starts with a Peel clip mentioning this album, although it says there are only 15 tracks? so I have to assume this is a later version".

Right, it appears this is the CD reissue that adds some unreleased tracks (16-22) and a bonus disc with the Heartbeat singles. Here's info about the different releases:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Avon-Calling-The-Bristol-Compilation/master/225590

Saludos!

Fernando :)

Baxter Parp said...

I owned this when it came out, been looking for it for ages, cheers.