Wednesday, 14 October 2009

Golden Earring - Moontan


One of the first "prog" style albums I ever bought back in the mid Seventies, mainly due to loving "Radar love" and the naked lady on the cover :)
As it goes the extended version of Radar love ended up the least played of the 5 tracks as I thought the others were brilliant and were a good introduction to the many overblown prog tracks I would buy later. This is still a favourite of mine.
The CD versions I've seen of this have a different track listing for some reason? track 4 Big Tree Blue Sea is missing and replaced by the B-side of Radar love "Just like Vince Taylor" and an extra track called Suzy Lunacy which devalue it a bit.

Me being me - Despite a mighty back catalogue from nearly 50 years of recording I could never really get into any of their other albums, a problem I suffer from with a lot of the early stuff I bought as a kid? I saved up my money to buy about one album a month and listened to it so many times until it was imprinted on my brain, every lyric every note, with so much music now being so freely available at the click of a button there isn't time for one album to have that brain-washing effect it had then. Better music came along and the moment was gone.
Psychoanalysis crap over .. enjoy the album :)

01 - Radar Love
02 - Candy's Going Bad
03 - Vanilla Queen

04 - Big Tree Blue Sea
05 - Are You Receiving Me

2 comments:

Ben de Verzamelaar said...

Especialy the tracks Vanilla Queen and Are You receiving me? are the Killertracks on this levely album. This is the stuff i listen to when i was young!!!

Lee said...

Thanks Ben
Vanilla Queen is my favourite track as well.