Saturday, 9 August 2008

Dickies - Banana Splits


The unique sound of the Dickies, here's their most famous offering.
They had a short run of hits in the late 70's with speeded up cover versions of classics, this one, Paranoid, Silent Night and the brilliant Nights in White Satin (which I'm gutted to find I haven't got anymore - hope I got a good price for it).
Have scanned covers and discs, but the scans don't do justice to the "yellowness" of the disc.

01 - Banana Splits (The Tra La La Song)
02 - Hideous
03 - Got It At The Store

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got everything by the Dickies on CD.

Lemme know if you need Nights In White Satin or any other stuff.

chuckycanuck@gmail.com

Lee said...

Thanks for the offer :)
It's OK I've got a load of their stuff on CD and MP3 inluding Nights in White Satin.
Just annoyed that I must have sold my White Vinyl version :(
One of my all time faves so can't believe I parted with it.

Anonymous said...

my brother had that bannana splits track on 7inch a yellow vynil :-)