
Nice enough track by Fischer-Z who despite the German sounding name were a British band, this one was a minor hit in 1979 although I prefer the B-side.
A - The Worker
B - Kitten Curry
Blah Blah........
My last remaining picture disc :(
At various points during the late seventies and mid eighties I probably bought and sold hundreds of these novelties, as I remember the Cars single "My Best Friend's Girl" was one of the first singles to be mass produced in Picture disc format and it stormed into the top 3, so everyone jumped on the bandwagon and my local record dealer had just about everything, so I ended up with singles of every colour, square discs, shaped picture discs such as a police badge shaped disc from the Police (obviously) and I remember one that was shaped like an old time car on which the actual disc was only about 5" so my record player would turn it off half way through, sad thing about that one is can't even remember what song it was? I think the band were called "Auto De Fe" or something similar.
The downside of most of these were the quality, most even new were slightly warped and just didn't sound as good as the old fashioned black vinyl.
No comments:
Post a Comment