The song that brought Sham 69 to the masses, still a classic.
The B Side is a reworking of the old George Davis is innocent song, George gets a mention right at the end.
A - Angels With Dirty Faces
B - The Cockney Kids Are Innocent
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
great post mate.its really nice to find something that you can say i wish id posted that!with regards your query on picture disks there was an irish band called 'auto da fe'so it may well have been them.i saw them live in dublin a few times and they were always good.anyway thanks again.keep posting,you have a great collection
Thanks, I'll have to take your word as I really don't remember the song? I was buying so much at the time I stopped keeping the record list :(, the record player I had at the time insisted on turning off when it got to the end of a 7" single and as this one was so small it just wouldn't play the whole song so I sold it on soon afterwards. I do remember buying it at the newsagent John Menzies, they had a bargain bin full of shaped discs for about 20p each and I came home with a bag full :) a lot of obscure stuff although I do remember an Africa shaped version of Toto's Africa being one of them.
If only I knew then what I know now, I think I sold them all on for between 50p and a pound each ... doh!!
DISCLAIMER: Any music files found here shouldn't be here as I've deleted them all. They used to be here for the purpose of previewing / reviewing and should not be seen as a substitute for the original, legal, approved, record company enriching product.
3 comments:
great post mate.its really nice to find something that you can say i wish id posted that!with regards your query on picture disks there was an irish band called 'auto da fe'so it may well have been them.i saw them live in dublin a few times and they were always good.anyway thanks again.keep posting,you have a great collection
yeah it was auto da fe.the song was called 'all is yellow'.i think the other tracks where 'hot hot hot' and 'there they stood'
cheers
Thanks, I'll have to take your word as I really don't remember the song? I was buying so much at the time I stopped keeping the record list :(, the record player I had at the time insisted on turning off when it got to the end of a 7" single and as this one was so small it just wouldn't play the whole song so I sold it on soon afterwards.
I do remember buying it at the newsagent John Menzies, they had a bargain bin full of shaped discs for about 20p each and I came home with a bag full :) a lot of obscure stuff although I do remember an Africa shaped version of Toto's Africa being one of them.
If only I knew then what I know now, I think I sold them all on for between 50p and a pound each ... doh!!
Post a Comment