Sunday, 7 December 2008

I'm Sure That One Was Here?

Multiple posts are disappearing?

11 comments:

Lee said...

Quote
"The notice that we received from the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) and the record companies it represents.
The IFPI is a trade association that represents over 1,400 major and independent record companies in the US and internationally who create, manufacture and distribute sound recordings (the "IFPI Represented Companies").

The DMCA is a United States copyright law that provides guidelines for online service provider liability in case of copyright infringement. We are in the process of removing from our servers the links that allegedly infringe upon the copyrights of others. If we did not do so, we would be subject to a claim of copyright infringement, regardless of its merits."

Anonymous said...

Man, this pisses me off. How are scratchy old rips of seven inches ever in competition with the likes of i-tunes of any of that other corporate crap? Some of us have become turned off by the efficiency of audio in this day and age and want the days back when if you wanted to listen to a single track you put a record on the turntable and dropped the needle. I can't find the posting but there was one where you mentioned the amount of downloads you had for your posts and it was miniscule. Fair enough, go and chase the fuckers posting leaks of new albuums etc. but the seven inch of Godley & Creme's Under Your Thumb? Give me a break! The music industry is killing itself with bullshit.

Lee said...

Thanks Scott
Had to check Godley and Creme but that's still ok :)
Yeah some do surprise me, the first takedown I received was for the MASH theme tune on Vinyl?? and others that are widely available in top quality just about anywhere?

The amount of downloads are as you say miniscule, very few have gone over a 100 downloads (and those were just because another blogger has linked me on their site - thanks 5P's).

Just in case you think the lack of recent posts is down to this don't worry, it's just a lack of spare time at the moment.
I ripped a bundle the other day, but just gotta spend some time with trimming, cover scans, uploading etc so they will be here soon.

Lee said...

and today's takedowns were Dr Feelgood's Roxette vinyl and Tainted love vinyl :(
Tainted love had the RS link removed a couple of days ago and now blogger did the rest :(

Anonymous said...

It's ridiculous is what it is. Hope you stick around. You post wonderful stuff.
The guy over at Pathways To Unkow World has an interesting solution. Worth the read...

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=30928749&postID=1865500954565153277&page=1

Lee said...

Thanks Mug
Well I've taken the advice, and set the blog to not being searched by Google, I'll see if it makes any difference for a few weeks.
Although hopefully everyone doesn't do this or I'll never find anything anymore?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I guess it's something of a dual edged sword...

As always, thanks for all you do here!

Lee said...

Not a good start :(
Another 2 vinyls taken down today.
XTC's generals and majors, and UB40's King.
Still not sure why these are being removed instead of some of the CD rips? as the vinyls concerned are all over 25 years old and have long been deleted from the available catalogue and replaced by CD compilations.
Always had the suspicion that the people who sell these vinyl's online for a huge profit are the ones complaining, not the record companies.

Anonymous said...

That's an intriguing theory. We may never know... Although I'm not sure that hard core vinyl fans would settle for digital recordings. I dunno. All I know is that it's completely ridiculous for these morons to go chasing after decent blogs like this that are sharing long since deleted vinyl.

A Dashing Blade said...

Mash, Dr Feelgood & Tainted Love?F'ing stupid. Gotta say (& had a couple), my attitude is a quiet repost, no noise, no Totally Fuzzy, just repost.

Lee said...

Since taking the option of removing the Google search the takedowns seemed to have slowed down (only 2), although the RS deletions are up :(
Might do the repost when I have more time.
Haven't posted on Fuzzy in ages so don't blame them.