Thought about calling this selection "Sacrilege" as it didn't seem right to be using classic punk/new wave tunes in a dance orientated way, but from the first one I heard GHP's "Ray of Gob" I quickly changed my opinion Mark Vidler had made such a good job of it that I ended up searching for more.
Sort of lost interest when it became a bit more professional, so most of these are from about 5 years back and are mostly rough and ready mashes.
All have a punk/new wave link so hopefully you'll like them too.
I've credited the mash artist (in brackets) where I can remember them.
Basement Jaxx Vs Clash - Magnificent Romeo
Bjork Vs Cure - A Hidden Forest (Gordy Boy)
Buzzcocks Vs Madison Avenue - Don't Call Me Boredom (Soundhog)
CC Peniston Vs Sex Pistols - Finally Did You No Wrong (Go Home Productions)
Clash Vs Gwen Stefani - Radio Hollaback
Clash Vs Moguai - U Know Y London Burns (IDC)
Cure Vs TLC - Scrub Cats (McSleazy)
Ejected Vs Pitman - Punk Pitman (LV15)
Electric Six V Sex Pistols - Problems At The Gay Bar (Go Home Productions)
Gwen Stefani Vs Lene Lovich - Waiting For My Lucky Number (Carty)
Kelly Rowland Vs Dead Kennedys - Drunken Fuck (LV15)
Madonna Vs Sex Pistols - God Save Madonna (Go Home Productions)
Madonna Vs Sex Pistols - Ray Of Gob (Go Home Productions)
Michael Jackson Vs Buzzcocks - Punky Jacko Party
Queen Vs Bad Manners - We Will Ska You
Ramones Vs Beastie Boys - Beastie Bop (Dinbot)
Sex Pistols Vs The Devil - Antichrist (Thrift Shop XL)
Sex Pistols Vs Visage - Fade To Pretty Vacant (Copycat)
Stranglers Vs Peaches - Peaches Peaches
XTC Vs Tweet - Making Plans For Vinyl
7 comments:
This looks interesting so I'll give it go. Thanks mate
Mike
Well I downloaded it and all I say is F****g Excellent!
A welcome addition!!!! I must live under a rock as I have yet to hear any of these mashes....Cheers
-bobby
morning asbo old chap.this is brilliant.i have the pistols GHP stuff but jacko v the buzzcocks,top class!!do you have the GHP mix of the clash called 'LITTLE DO YOU KNOW YOUR RIGHTS' Liberty X / The Clash and these ones 'PRETTY RUDY' TLC / The Specials and 'RAT INFERNO' The Trammps / The Specials.ive looked everywhere for them so im hoping you may have them?anyway thanks again mate
Did a quick check and could only find one listed as "Specials Vs TLC - Rudy's Unpretty" might be the same mash?
Don't seem to have the others but I have these listed badly, some by artist some by masher so I'll keep checking.
Will post that one soon, might make up another collection!
Awesome, thanks for the great comp!
Thanks Flex :)
Post a Comment