Must start checking my back catalogue before getting stuff.
Was really pleased to find an obscure (non blog, non english) site with a pile of old rare punk stuff, so I got 2 1976 Clash bootlegs, the Flipside vinyl collection and a few other compilations.
Just went to add them to the archive and found I already had every single track, and have had them for over 4 years :(
It's getting really hard to find stuff from that era that isn't widely available.
Tuber: 3 Albums 2013 - 2023
2 hours ago
7 comments:
That's funny.
I know of what you speak: A while back I found some early Joy Division singles and was doing backflips that I found them -- at long last -- I thought. Well, same deal, there they already were on my hard drive.
The one thing I keep searching for is the "Disco in Mosco" single by The Vibrators with the b/side "Take A Chance". It was at that funny point for them when the only original member in the band as the drummer. I nabbed the 45 waaaaay back when, but have never seen it on mp3.
Oh well looks like I haven't got everything haha
I'll keep an eye out for that one.
Found Disco in Moscow as part of a compilation here - http://bloodjunkies.blogspot.com/2008/06/punk-bastards.html
No luck with the B side yet.
Thanks so much for looking. I really appreciate it. But i'm sorry to say that this isn't it. This one has Knox singing and the truly great version has a guy called Kip singing. It's crazy hard to find, and, to my ears, their best song ever. But many many thanks for looking. Cheers!
Sorry about that I didn't really know the song that well, the only Vibrators single I ever bought was Judy Says :(
No worries at all. Hey, I really appreciate your looking on my behalf -- not to mention all the great stuff you post here!
No problem :)
I usually end up finding other good stuff for myself when I'm searching for specific tracks for someone else, (leads me to places I don't usually go) so that's why I don't mind hunting :)
Post a Comment