Classic one hit wonder, a shoe-in on any Eighties or New Wave compilation.
The scan makes the cover look white for some reason, it's actually light blue.
Not quite a one hit wonder - maybe in your neck of the woods, but in Canada and some part of the US and UK they had a very flourishing career through the 80s and early 90s.
When I do the comment moderation thing it doesn't actually tell me which post you've commented on, but as soon as I read "in Canada" I knew it would be this one :)
I'm suitably chastised that I that I only spoke as a Brit, and we only seemed to have liked this one for some reason? So as far as most brits are concerned they were a one hit wonder sadly. I did own an album by them "Metro music" I think it was called and good selection of mp3's and think they were great, but strangely nothing else they released hit the airwaves here? Another good example of this was Kiss who were one of the biggest bands on the planet but only managed one top 30 hit in the UK during the eighties (and only managed one more in the nineties) :)
sadly another case of no major company picking up a foreign distribution. you're correct, "Metro Music" was their first record. They had couple more that were successful in the Great White North ("This is the Ice Age" - co-produced by Daniel Lanois, "Danceparc" and "Mystery Walk", the last one gaining some success south of the border). Anyway, thanks and keep up the good work!
DISCLAIMER: Any music files found here shouldn't be here as I've deleted them all. They used to be here for the purpose of previewing / reviewing and should not be seen as a substitute for the original, legal, approved, record company enriching product.
3 comments:
Not quite a one hit wonder - maybe in your neck of the woods, but in Canada and some part of the US and UK they had a very flourishing career through the 80s and early 90s.
When I do the comment moderation thing it doesn't actually tell me which post you've commented on, but as soon as I read "in Canada" I knew it would be this one :)
I'm suitably chastised that I that I only spoke as a Brit, and we only seemed to have liked this one for some reason? So as far as most brits are concerned they were a one hit wonder sadly.
I did own an album by them "Metro music" I think it was called and good selection of mp3's and think they were great, but strangely nothing else they released hit the airwaves here?
Another good example of this was Kiss who were one of the biggest bands on the planet but only managed one top 30 hit in the UK during the eighties (and only managed one more in the nineties) :)
sadly another case of no major company picking up a foreign distribution. you're correct, "Metro Music" was their first record. They had couple more that were successful in the Great White North ("This is the Ice Age" - co-produced by Daniel Lanois, "Danceparc" and "Mystery Walk", the last one gaining some success south of the border). Anyway, thanks and keep up the good work!
Post a Comment