Sunday, 14 June 2009

Various - Blues Brother Soul Sister


I’ve got the blues you can have them too.
This excellent compilation features some of the all time classic Blues and Soul tunes of the Sixties and early seventies.

Part 1
01 Etta James - I Just Want To Make Love To You
02 Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy
03 James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
04 Aretha Franklin - Respect
05 Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
06 John Lee Hooker - Boom Boom
07 Wilson Picket - In The Midnight Hour
08 Diana Ross And The Supremes - Love Child
09 Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
10 Jackie Wilson - I Got The Sweetest Feeling
11 Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
12 Tommy Tucker - Hi Heel Sneakers
13 Temptations - My Girl
14 Martha Reeves And The Vandellas - Jimmy Mack
15 Edwin Starr - Stop Her On Sight
16 Eddie Floyd - Knock On Wood
17 Sam And Dave - Soul Man
18 Jr Walker And The Allstars - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
19 Howlin Wolf - Smokestack Lightning
20 Nina Simone - I Put A Spell On You

Part 2
01 Marvin Gaye - Abraham Martin And John
02 Erma Franklin - (Take A Little) Piece Of My Heart
03 Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
04 Albert King - Born Under A Bad Sign
05 Gladys Knight And The Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia
06 Otis Redding - (Sitting On The) Dock Of The Bay
07 Maxine Browne - Oh No Not My Baby
08 Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
09 Smokey Robinson And The Miracles - The Tracks Of My Tears
10 Etta James - I'd Rather Go Blind
11 Ben E King - Stand By Me
12 Dorothy Moore - Misty Blue
13 Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
14 Fleetwood Mac - Need Your Love So Bad
15 Dinah Washington - Mad About The Boy
16 Judy Clay And William Bell - Private Number
17 Nina Simone - Feeling Good
18 Ann Peebles - I'm Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down
19 B B King - The Thrill Is Gone
20 Lorraine Ellison - Stay With Me

No comments: