This was the first Punk (New Wave) compilation I ever bought, released around 1978 on the Vertigo label.
Although some tracks don't fit the general pattern it's an excellent collection.
The Damned and Boomtown Rats are the British representatives amongst a mainly American line up including The Ramones, Dead Boys, Richard Hell, Patti Smith etc.
Aussie band The Skyhooks is an odd inclusion but it's a great track.
Highlights for me are Piss Factory by Patti Smith, Shake some Action by the Flaming Groovies and New Rose.
It also includes 2 tracks by the New York Dolls which were released several years earlier but are a welcome addition.
1. Ramones - Judy Is A Punk
2. Dead Boys - Sonic Reducer
3. Patti Smith - Piss Factory
4. New York Dolls - Personality Crisis
5. Runaways - Hollywood
6. Skyhooks - Horror Movie
7. Richard Hell And The Voidoids - Love Comes In Spurts
8. Little Bob Story - All Or Nothing
9. The Boomtown Rats - Lookin' After No. 1
10. Talking Heads - Love Goes To Building On Fire
11. The Damned - New Rose
12. Ramones - Suzy Is A Headbanger
13. Dead Boys - All This And More
14. Flamin' Groovies - Shake Some Action
15. Runaways - Cherry Bomb
16. New York Dolls - Who Are The Mystery Girls?
8 comments:
1. Ramones - Judy Is A Punk
2. Dead Boys - Sonic Reducer
3. Patti Smith - Piss Factory
4. New York Dolls - Personality Crisis
5. Runaways - Hollywood
6. Skyhooks - Horror Movie
7. Richard Hell And The Voidoids - Love Comes In Spurts
8. Little Bob Story - All Or Nothing
9. The Boomtown Rats - Lookin' After No. 1
10. Talking Heads - Love Goes To Building On Fire
11. The Damned - New Rose
12. Ramones - Suzy Is A Headbanger
13. Dead Boys - All This And More
14. Flamin' Groovies - Shake Some Action
15. Runaways - Cherry Bomb
16. New York Dolls - Who Are The Mystery Girls?
aaah, the memories,great compilation. I had a mate around the time who looked just like the guy on the front cover of this, dunno why I felt the need to share that with you Lee, but what the heck
Any comment is worthwhile NPW :)
Makes it all seem worthwhile haha.
Loved this comp at the time and still do now, introduced me to a few bands I hadn't heard of at the time.
Marvelous stuff. Brings back many happy memories. Thankss for posting this : - )
Mike
Hi. My brother got this record on vinyl but at least 8 songs are not included. Is this a CD?
16 Tracks here and there were only 16 on the original vinyl?
See this site http://www.thunders.ca/discs/newwave.htm
Owned the vinyl from when it came out until the mid 90's when I sold it for some reason.
The tracks here are from CD, if you could let me know what tracks are missing I'll see if I've got them and add them.
Maybe your brother had some sort of special edition with extra tracks?
Do you have a decent scan of the back of the LP cover?
No sorry anonymous just the one posted, I sold the vinyl long before I got a scanner so had to make do with the best I could find on the net.
Post a Comment