Sunday, 24 January 2010

Alan Parsons Project - Tales Of Mystery And Imagination Edgar Allen Poe


A concept style album from 1976 loosely based on the works of Edgar Allen Poe.
My first thought is usually about Vincent Price for the old horror classic version of the Raven although none of the dialogue is used here :)
A few famous names guest on vocals and instruments including "crazy" Arthur Brown, John Miles and the 2 guitarists from pop band Pilot!
I never actually owned the vinyl of this but loaned it from our local record library and taped it (as I did with many albums in the pre computer days), I finally bought this CD about 10 years ago and it sounds different from the original version I suppose this was to persaude us all to bin our vinyl and listen to the new improved digital versions, which is not something I'm really happy with.

01 - A Dream Within A Dream (Instrumental)
02 - The Raven
03 - The Tell Tale Heart
04 - The Cask Of Amontillado
05 - (The System Of) Doctor Tarr And Professor Fether
06 - I Prelude
07 - II Arrival
08 - III Intermezzo
09 - IV Pavane
10 - V Fall
11 - To One In Paradise

No comments: