I have a confession ... I love Eurovision!!
Yeah I know it's tacky etc but it's good fun, a lot of the records are a pile of pants (usually the UK ones) and some of the acts are still stuck in the dark ages but in recent years there has been some reasonably good songs, not the winners as despite the voting rule changes the judging still tends to be biased with all the Balkan countries voting for each other and the many ex Russian states doing the same.
Possibly the reason I'm liking it more is the number of acts performing in English, nearly all of them in the last couple of years.
Here's my favourites from the last 3 contests, none of them won but I liked them so that's all that matters to me :) hope you agree?
2007 Sopho Khalvashi (Georgia) - Visionary Dream - (Video Deleted for some reason?)
2008 Sebastien Tellier (France) - Divine
2009 Yohanna (Iceland) - Is It True
I haven't had time to listen to all this years entries but hopefully
there are a few good ones again, it all starts again tonight with the
first of 2 semi finals before Saturday's big event which is in Oslo this
year.
Tuber: 3 Albums 2013 - 2023
2 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment