Sunday, 16 May 2010

Bjork - Telegram


I've been a fan of Bjork since the Sugarcubes days and discovered some of her earlier stuff later (if that makes sense), I have (or had) most of the commercial CD's and loved them all but put off buying this one for a while as it's a remix album.
One of the Bjork websites had a large collection of remixes available for free download and some were good and many weren't so good so I didn't know what to expect from this.
As it turned out I finally bought this and I'm so glad I did, I think it's superb.
Most of the tracks have been totally transformed with a variety of styles.
I was worried that one of my all time favourite tracks "Isobel" would be ruined but they've done a really great job of keeping the feel of the original while adding just enough to make it even better, some of the other tracks are unrecognisable until you hear the lyrics .. which isn't a bad thing.

01 - Possibly Maybe (Lucy Mix)
02 - Hyperballad (Brodsky Quartet Version)
03 - Enjoy (Further Over The Edge Mix)
04 - My Spine
05 - I Miss You (Dobie Rub Part One Sunshine Mix)
06 - Isobel (Deodato Mix)
07 - You've Been Flirting Again (Flirt Is A Promise Mix)
08 - Cover Me (Dilinja Mix)
09 - Army Of Me (Massey Mix)
10 - Headphones (Tricky Mix)

No comments: