The Skids first outing on Virgin which I think might have reached the lower part of the chart (which is probably why I bought it, as all my local shops only stocked the top 50 at most), A forerunner to their golden period.
Another picture cover I missed out on. Didn't know this was on white vinyl mine was just the usual black. Is your white one still white? my Stranglers white vinyl has gone pink over the years for some reason :)
No I meant my "walk on by" by the Stranglers I posted a while back, famously on white vinyl but due to being in a black sleeve over 30 years it's changed colour to a dirty pink colour? I might have the worlds only copy of this colour :) But I'm guessing anyone else who kept the record in a slightly damp loft might have ended up with the same thing? The Stranglers EP you posted started off as a pukey pink swirly colour but I flogged my copy years back so don't know what that would look like now haha.
It's ok I'm not doubting you :) It was only after finding Adrians records in Wickford Essex that I started finding all those coloured vinyls and picture sleeves, before that my local shops just sold everything in black vinyl with a standard sleeve :( Picture sleeves were such a rarity in our area that I sometimes bought records if I saw they had one weather I liked the song or not ... sad eh :)
Not really mate. It was a bit of a novelty really at the time. Having 6 If The Kids Are United's and 5 Hurry Up Harry's is a tad sad though (pleads guilty to insanity)
Haha :) Going through my old records lists I used to keep I'm suprised how many doubles that I had usually buying a pic sleeve version after originally getting the plain one.
The most copies I ever had of a record was 5 copies of Grinder's "Wickford's so boring" EP. I told a load of lads from work about it without actually hearing it and as they all lived in Wickford it was "get me a copy" so I did and it turned out it was just a title and the main song was one called Spiderman!! then none of the bastards would pay up so I ended up with all of them :( Sold them all off for about 20p each and now wish I'd kept one at least
DISCLAIMER: Any music files found here shouldn't be here as I've deleted them all. They used to be here for the purpose of previewing / reviewing and should not be seen as a substitute for the original, legal, approved, record company enriching product.
8 comments:
Nice one. I was going to rip this one (I've got the white vinyl and picture cover : - ) but no doubt yours is in better condition!
Another picture cover I missed out on.
Didn't know this was on white vinyl mine was just the usual black.
Is your white one still white? my Stranglers white vinyl has gone pink over the years for some reason :)
I think it is yes but I'm colourblind lol. If you are on about that Stranglers EP, that was a multicoloured plukey pink thing (I think)
Don't worry, I also missed out on a white vinyl picture cover Outdoor Minor and a no cover White Riot and Complete control too
No I meant my "walk on by" by the Stranglers I posted a while back, famously on white vinyl but due to being in a black sleeve over 30 years it's changed colour to a dirty pink colour?
I might have the worlds only copy of this colour :)
But I'm guessing anyone else who kept the record in a slightly damp loft might have ended up with the same thing?
The Stranglers EP you posted started off as a pukey pink swirly colour but I flogged my copy years back so don't know what that would look like now haha.
Sorry doh! I don't own a white Walk On By : - ( but I checked my Skids and they are still white (thats the record I'm on about : - )
It's ok I'm not doubting you :)
It was only after finding Adrians records in Wickford Essex that I started finding all those coloured vinyls and picture sleeves, before that my local shops just sold everything in black vinyl with a standard sleeve :(
Picture sleeves were such a rarity in our area that I sometimes bought records if I saw they had one weather I liked the song or not ... sad eh :)
Not really mate. It was a bit of a novelty really at the time. Having 6 If The Kids Are United's and 5 Hurry Up Harry's is a tad sad though (pleads guilty to insanity)
Haha :)
Going through my old records lists I used to keep I'm suprised how many doubles that I had usually buying a pic sleeve version after originally getting the plain one.
The most copies I ever had of a record was 5 copies of Grinder's "Wickford's so boring" EP.
I told a load of lads from work about it without actually hearing it and as they all lived in Wickford it was "get me a copy" so I did and it turned out it was just a title and the main song was one called Spiderman!! then none of the bastards would pay up so I ended up with all of them :(
Sold them all off for about 20p each and now wish I'd kept one at least
Post a Comment