Another web find was this Boomtown Rats concert from the Fox Theatre in San Diego California on February 27th 1979, which according to info was the first time "I Don't Like Monday's" was performed live.
Also includes a full repertoire of singles they were known for at the time.
01 - Blind Date
02 - (I Never Loved) Eva Braun
03 - Neon Heart
04 - Me And Howard Hughes
05 - Like Clockwork
06 - Medley (Rat Trap - Kicks - Joey's On The Street Again)
07 - Living On An Island
08 - (She's Gonna) Do You In
09 - She's So Modern
10 - Lookin' After No 1
11 - Mary Of The 4th Form
12 - Do The Rat
13 - Never Bite The Hand That Feeds
14 - Encore
15 - I Don't Like Mondays
3 comments:
01 - Blind Date
02 - (I Never Loved) Eva Braun
03 - Neon Heart
04 - Me And Howard Hughes
05 - Like Clockwork
06 - Medley (Rat Trap - Kicks - Joey's On The Street Again)
07 - Living On An Island
08 - (She's Gonna) Do You In
09 - She's So Modern
10 - Lookin' After No 1
11 - Mary Of The 4th Form
12 - Do The Rat
13 - Never Bite The Hand That Feeds
14 - Encore
15 - I Don't Like Mondays
Not quite factually correct. Either the dates and/or locations are wrong. I attended the USA debut performance by the Boomtown Rats in San Diego, but it was at the Roxy Theater in Pacific Beach. I recall this was a special show hosted by local radio station KGB, and the Rats came out and said it was their first time in America. At the Roxy show, the band came out for the encore, and sang "I don't like Mondays" acapella, because they'd wrote it the previous nite after reading about the Brenda Spencer sniper shooting. To hear them sing that song for the first time, and to have it reach top 10 later, was quite magical!
http://www.sandiegoconcertarchive.com/concertarchive/02-february.html
The B. Rats played the San Diego Fox Theater in 4/21/80, which may be when this recording was made.
http://www.sandiegoconcertarchive.com/concertarchive/04-april.html
DNO
Thanks, I'll bow to your superior knowledge :)
As I said that was the info I had, but I wasn't there and you were.
Sounds like a memory worth treasuring :)
Post a Comment