Thursday, 2 April 2020

Cassettes

The current project during my enforced time off is re-creating my old cassettes into mp3 format collections. As you can see from the post below it's a bit of a long winded process.
I do have a cassette to mp3 converter but sadly a lot of the tapes have been lost or are now unplayable, I lost quite a few of the tapes back in the late 80's when my car got stolen with  a box of tapes in it, so lots of empty cases for which I still have the tracklists but a few where the case went as well so I'll never know what was on those :(
The chart hits collections were a combination of vinyl rips and radio chart show ones, so for every good track there seems to be a number of "why on earth did I record this" songs.
But it's still good to hear some stuff I probably haven't heard in 30 years.



No comments: