Sunday, 13 June 2010

Baddiel Skinner And The Lightning Seeds - Three Lions 98


The World cup is here again, and for some reason we don't have an official England song? so here's one of the best of the old ones includes the 98 version plus the original.
Have listened to this years efforts and haven't found any as good as these so here it is while we're still in the Cup (give Greeny a break, the other 10 should have scored more goals and it wouldn't have mattered).

Sad also as I had my England rant ready for all my American facebook "friends" and couldn't really post it :(
John Wayne, Neil Armstrong, Elvis Presley, Abraham Lincoln, Walt Disney, Mike Tyson, Marilyn Monroe, Barack Obama - can you hear me, Barack Obama Your boys took one hell of a beating! .... Your boys took one hell of a beating!!
If only....

01 Three Lions '98
02 Tout Est Possible
03 Three Lions (Original Version)
04 Three Lions '98 (Karaoke Version)

4 comments:

Longy said...

I agree with giving Greeny a break.....a break from the England team that is. James and Hart are both much better. Capello dropped his first big clanger picking Green.

Lee said...

At least the Algerian goalie made Green look good :)
Green was the man in possession as he'd played most of the recent important games so no surprise he went with him, he might have gone with Hart but probably remembered what happened when McLaren chose Scott Carson for a big game, and James? you never know what you're gonna get I remember him throwing away a victory against France in Euro 2004 in the last 3 minutes when he stood still and watched Zidanes free kick sail past him then chopped down henry for no reason and gave away a penalty, should never have played for England again .. not that I hold a grudge hehe

Longy said...

I thought the Algerian was Green!

I honestly would play James as 1st choice or Hart. No room for mistakes now.

Lee said...

Just need some of those so called world class players to remember where the goal is and actually score a few goals, even Heskey might score if we ever get near the opponents goal which we didn't manage too often against the US.