Wednesday, 15 July 2009

Sex Pistols - Live At Chelmsford Prison


Originally recorded in 1976 this CD was released in 2000 although I've read that a lot of the crowd reaction was cut including a near riot after anarchy.Strangely despite living within 15 miles of Chelmsford I never go there, apart from two appearances at the crown court, where luckily I've avoided visiting the venue for this CD :)
Incidently the cover picture is misleading as Glenn Matlock was still in the band when this was recorded.

01 Lazy Sod
02 New York
03 No Lip
04 (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone
05 Suburban Kids
06 Submission
07 Liar
08 Anarchy in the UK
09 Did You No Wrong
10 Substitute
11 No Fun
12 Pretty Vacant
13 Problems
14 I Wanna Be Me

3 comments:

dz said...

I looked it up, looks like the one with the crowds riot might be fake overdub.
http://www.acc.umu.se/~samhain/summerofhate/notpistols.html
anyway, whatever, keep up the good work, I really enjoy your blog.

Lee said...

Right it seems this CD is the actually the real recording although in the wrong order, and Goodman overdubbed the crowd reactions for effect on the 92 release.
Good site DZ, I hadn't realised there were so many fakes out there, as I've got a few of those others which I assumed were just really bad recordings.

alanpscott said...

As far as I know the whole thing is a fake, by Goodman.

Sounds like a fake to me as well.

Not that it matters, for a band that were so important. Cant see people bothering to fake the likes of Coldplay. Still worth the DL if only for the 'historic' reasons.

Great site, great choices. Keep it up.


Älan