Wednesday, 21 January 2009

Various Artists - Oversell


This compilation from 1979 was only available after collecting tokens from the Record Mirror and sending off for it, and hopefully being around when the postie tried to cram it into your letterbox :)
A bit of a mix musically as all the artists were on the Virgin label, some excellent Punk/New Wave from the Skids, Members, Records and my own favourite "Gut feeling" by Devo which has one of the greatest intros ever, as well as some good reggae and even some great prog rock from Tangerine Dream.
I hadn't played it since the early eighties so I've just played it over and over for hours, great stuff.

Members - Soho-A-Go-Go
Records - Paint Your Face
Fingerprintz - Night Nurse
Gladiators - Get Ready
Tangerine Dream - Excerpt From Cloudburst Flight

Skids - Integral Plot
Devo - Gut Feeling
Culture - They Love In This Time
Supercharge - I Think I'm Gonna Fall In Love
Twinkle Brothers - King Pharoh
Julie Covington - Barbara's Song

8 comments:

Longy said...

Good to see back blogging. I always loved the interesting stuff you post and despite missing Kate Bush on my bloglist,I'll forgive you. It was great while it lasted! Cheers for this one (and the Motors which I'm gonna grab right after)

Lee said...

Hi Longy
I've just added you to my fave blogs list, I'm sure I've been there in the past but somehow missed you off?
Think I'm going to be spending some time there going through that great looking collection as I've already seen a few I used to own and would like to hear again :)

Couldn't see the Kate Bush single there and my own one's still alive so I'm not sure what you meant?
Anyway great blog :)

Longy said...

Thanks Asbo - feel free to rape and pillage my blog. Thats what its there for!

What I meant was Kate was on the side of my bloglist for a couple of weeks but now you've posted again,she's disappeared!

Lee said...

Right it wasn't me honest guv :)
Actually posted Kate back in December and considering how many deletions I've had lately I'm glad it's still there.
Can assure you it's not your version all the crackles are my own :)
Will post some more Kate soon as I still have most of the earlier singles.

Longy said...

lol I just meant the picture mate. I haven't uploaded any Kate Bush and I don't own any. I just liked looking at her pic every day from your blog : - )

Lee said...

Oops!! see what you meant.
Please copy it again and paste it all over, I love that pic.
Could say that was the reason I didn't post for a while to keep that at the top :)

Anonymous said...

Good stuff ASBO. Nice to see you back blogging again. I was getting a bit worried after Christmas and the stuff on your common sense blog. I did come back to Southend for Christmas and nipped to Gumbies for a Vinyl fix.

Lee said...

Thanks Scott :)
Had to decimate my CD collection to bring in some pennies :(
But still hanging in there :)

I haven't been to Gumbi's in ages I heard it was closing after I read that they were pulling the York road market down, obviously it's still alive and kicking might give it a look when I'm at the Job centre :)