Thursday, 1 November 2007

Vinyl Rips

Recently bought myself an mp3 turntable so that I could play (and rip) some of those long forgotten tracks that I own.
I hadn't played most in over 10 years due to not having a record player, despite still owning a massive amount of vinyl singles and albums.
Although the vast majority of those I've been able to source online or by buying CD's there is still a fair few that I've never seen in a digital format.
Probably because I was one of the few that liked some of them, and actually paid good money for them at the time? :)
Also some of the classic punk era tunes just don't seem to be available in their original versions anymore, e.g Sound of the suburbs, Gary Gilmore's eyes, Tomorrow's girls which seem to be only available online or on compilation albums in an alternative form.

No comments: